Thursday, March 19, 2020

Doxy.me Removes Telemedicine Barriers

With Doxy.me, healthcare providers can get a free, secure, GDPR and PHIPA-compliant telemedicine solution up and running in just minutes



SALT LAKE CITY-Thursday 19 March 2020 [ AETOS Wire ]

(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Doxy.me, a free, secure telemedicine solution, stands ready to meet increased demand for a simple, convenient way for healthcare providers to meet with their patients remotely, promising to improve the health care experience during this critical time.

Most telemedicine software products require a lengthy sales cycle, including training, legal review, and software or hardware to install. The process can take weeks to months to get up and running. Doxy.me was designed to be easy to install and simple to use; there are no downloads or apps to install and patients don't need to create accounts. The process is automated, so providers can start practicing telemedicine quickly, even within minutes. This approach means that Doxy.me is perfectly suited to handle the urgent demand for a telemedicine solution during the coronavirus outbreak.

“We’ve seen our sign-ups skyrocket over the past week, and we expect those numbers to keep doubling every day. We’re thrilled that we are in a position to make a difference in the world through our technology,” said Brandon Welch, Founder, Doxy.me. “We believe everyone should have access to telemedicine, and our focus is on assisting the providers and professionals trying to keep people safe and healthy.”

By incorporating standard clinical workflows such as patient check-in and waiting room into the design of Doxy.me, healthcare providers and their patients experience a familiar and natural visit. All the patient needs to start a telemedicine visit is a web link to the doctor’s Doxy.me room using a standard computer.

“Doxy.me brokers an encrypted peer-to-peer connection between a provider and the patient, meaning our server infrastructure won't become overburdened with high video load usage. This means we can scale indefinitely and can provide a free solution to healthcare providers,” said Dylan Turner, COO, Doxy.me.

“Doxy.me is easy to set up, easy to use, and the pricing option is transparent. This means that my busy private-practice office can triage possible coronavirus cases and see patents who are afraid to come in. I was able to set up and implement a telemedicine option overnight,” said Jessica Baker, Baker Family Medical Associates.

About Doxy.me

Founded by Brandon Welch, MS, PhD, and based in Salt Lake City, Utah and Charleston, South Carolina, Doxy.me is making it easier and more affordable for healthcare providers to care for their patients anywhere, including rural and underserved areas. Doxy.me provides patients with a virtual clinic experience that is strongly reminiscent of the traditional consultative model. The company uses state-of-the-art security and encryption protocols, making Doxy.me compliant with HIPAA, GDPR, PHIPA and HITECH requirements, and works on mobile devices (Safari/Chrome) and most desktop browsers. The company also offers a licensed version of Doxy.me for additional features or custom branding.

For more information about Doxy.me or telemedicine, see Doxy.me.

For more information about COVID-19, see the World Health Organization.

This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200318005165/en/

Contacts
Liz Savery
Liz@Doxy.me
917-805-4581







Permalink : https://www.aetoswire.com/news/doxyme-removes-telemedicine-barriers/en

No comments:

Post a Comment